About Me

My photo
Freelance Menswear Fashion Designer and Illustrator (Inspiration and Personal Work)

Friday 16 September 2011

London Fashion WeeK 2012 - Street Style 16.9.11

It may only be day one of London Fashion Week 2012 
but some of the most stylish men were out in force at Somerset House
enjoying the sunshine and bustling atmosphere out in the courtyard


First snap of the day was this dapper gentleman out by the Strand entrance. If I had this blog three years ago you would have seen many pictures of men with a more grunge style but as time has moved on I love nothing better than a fantastic piece of tailoring. Despite still having a formal edge it was great to see that he hadn't paired the jacket with matching trousers which I think is a more accessible casual style if you want to strike a balance between formal and informal. 
The single breasted one button jacket is a beautiful slim cut paired with super skinny grey trousers - the whole silhouette perfectly proportioned.
Accessories were classic with the slick lace up shoes, brown belt and satchel, slim red tie and shades which all complimented the outfut. His was definitely my favourite of the day.

Another fanastic outfit. I think I must be automatically drawn to guys dressed in sharp tailored jackets and slim trousers. It just looks so elegant and fresh! I adore the slightly tarnished pointed shoes, V-neck rugby style jumper, super slim black tie and swept back coiffeur.
It's definitely the boater hat that sells this outfit for me. What a great hat to complete this great grey suit.

I need this outfit in my life! The over exaggerated bow tie, cropped black jacket, long white shirt and indigo jeans... I could absolutely where this myself minus the jeans. He was such a gentleman, French I think, but ever so nice he let me take a close up of his fabulous deep berry velvet bow tie and flashed a smile.

Oversized bow ties seemed to be the neck accessory of choice today.


Completely different style from the previous gentleman but he pulls this off with buckets of confidence and a dash of fur of course...darling.


This gentleman was lovely as well, I think he said his name was Pedro. His attire was ever so simple but it was the jewellry and his hat that makes this outfit special. He explained that the necklace was actually a piece of Indian jewellry tradtionally a foot adornment that has been customised - genius. The tabs on the chest section of his white shirt are an interesting feature too.








No comments:

Post a Comment